03 July 2012

mocs

The year before last, I bought and wore a lot of stripes. I did not realize my obsession was so obvious until one morning while I was getting dressed Con turned to me and said, "It must be so easy for you to decide what to wear since you just reach for the nearest striped thing". 

Yes, I have enough stripes locked into my wardrobe to last me into old age. But that is not what this post is about. Now it looks like I have moved on to mocassins. 


My beaded rabbit fur moc slippers from Wickaninnish Gallery on Granville Island were the gateway drug. My father gave me a great brown suede soft sole pair from Soft Moc. My mother gave me a yellow beaded pair of Manitobah Mukluks with fringe. And then I was in Gastown with Natasha last week and picked up a pair of beige beaded Minnetonkas

So if we include the piece of poo Aldo brand imitation mocs I wear at work, the grand total is brought to five. Totally reasonable since I live in such a warm and dry climate, right?

Photo from Minnetonka Moccasin

No comments:

Post a Comment