13 April 2010

keyed up


I am not one of those people that claim to like all kinds of music.
"So, uh, what kind of music do you listen to?" "Oh, you know, I like all music."
I don't like all music. I could write you a list but I don't want to offend anyone, so let's just talk about what I do like. I do not intentionally subscribe to one genre and I do not believe that genres exist today in the same way that they used to sixty, fourty, even twenty years ago, but I do seem to prefer Rock 'n Roll above all else. Classic Rock makes me happy and I like a lot of modern bands that speak to me in Rock. I would count The Black Keys as a Rock band. It is a pretty broad classification in a convoluted music scene where the category "Pop Rock" is supposedly a real thing but however you want to categorize The Black Keys, they are wickedawesome (yes, I intend that to be one word).

I'm hoping for a Vancouver tour date. Come on, come onnnn...

Check out the promo video for "Tighten Up" from the new album Brothers here.

BROTHERS COMES OUT MAY 18TH.

xx

Photo from Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment