07 June 2012

if you go out in the woods today, you're sure of a big surprise

I never had a teddy bear. I had a teddy rabbit. My parents were either too cool or not cool enough, I suppose. The teddy bear picnic may only exist in the minds of children but the real bears we have the privledge of co-habitating with in the wild Pacific Northwest are pretty amazing, not to mention the salmon, whales, and wolves. 

This is not the first time that we've talked about this (need a refresher? Check out my previous post here) but with all the changes the current government is trying to bury us under, conserving the Canadian temperate rainforest, the ocean it relies on, and all the creatures that depend on it (including us!) should not be far from our thoughts. 


Take action here.


P to the S: Tomorrow is Oceans Day... and that means a shindig at the Vancouver Aquarium! (Obviously.) Check it out. 


Video from WWF-Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment