27 December 2011

christmas cookies

 
Last night I made a feast for my boys (Con, my brother and my dad). Since the only thing to do after a big meal is to eat more... Today my dad and I made chocolate chip ginger cookies with cinnamon which I can't eat (but I had one anyway... owww tummy) but YOU CAN. And you should.

CHOCOLATE CHIP AND GINGER COOKIES WITH CINNAMON 

1/2 cup cane sugar 
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature 
1 organic, free range egg 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 
1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1 and 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 
1/2 cup crystallized ginger (cut into small pieces)

Preheat the oven at 300 F. Beat the sugars and butter together until smooth. Mix in egg, vanilla, baking soda and cinnamon. 


Stir in flour and salt. Add chocolate chips and ginger, mix well. 


Scoop cookie dough into balls, squish onto a cookie sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes (depending on how hot your oven gets). Yes, 16-18 minutes. I know it sounds too long, but it is not. 


Recipe adapted from smitten kitchen. Photo by Aubrie Chaylt.

No comments:

Post a Comment