21 May 2011

breakfast of champions


So I made chocolate chip cookies for Connor the other night and I really wanted to use this heart-shaped cookie cutter I have. The cookie recipe I was using was too damn soft though and the carefully cut heart shapes oozed into abstract triangle shapes in the oven. I gave up for a few rounds and made standard round cookies then, for the last chunk of dough, I figured I would make at least one heart cookie. I took the metal cookie cutter and stuffed it full of cookie dough and set the whole thing on the cookie sheet. It was thick so it had to bake a little longer but the end result was a cake-like cookie that finally looked like a cartoon heart. 

Connor ate it for breakfast with a cup of coffee yesterday. Healthy.

Photo by Aubrie Chaylt.

No comments:

Post a Comment