31 January 2011

milk


Milk. My nemesis. Wait, I think cream is my nemesis but milk is definitely near the top of my "remember not to consume" list. Connor has no such aversion to dairy products and not even in an I-put-skim-milk-in-my-cereal way. He drinks homo milk. Avalon Dairy is (surprisingly) located in Vancouver, BC. A litre of their organic milk costs $2.99.

Conventional milk is a veritable sewage dump for hormones, antibiotics, pesticides and GMOs (from the feed), stress and animal cruelty. Organic milk is produced under strict standards and is free from GMOs, hormones, antibiotics and pesticides. Organic milk also holds significantly more vitamins and antioxidants than that other milk. Avalon cows are treated like cows and have access to the outdoors, fresh air, clean water and exercise.


Avalon organic milk comes in glass bottles. Glass is one hundred percent recyclable. Return an empty glass bottle to Avalon (or Spud.ca or the grocery store) and they will give you a $1.


My photos.
Facts about Avalon Dairy from avalondairy.com/certified.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment