22 December 2010

homegrown bounty


At 791 Georgia St, there is a restaurant called YEW. It is attached to the Four Seasons Hotel and I probably would never venture over but I found an ad for it in the Georgia Straight in the fall and I mistakenly assumed it was (a) on Yew St, which is close to my house, and (b) the menu listed on the small and quaint ad (stating one dish for each month) was the only menu offered. I immediately assumed there was an underground dining experience being run out of a kitchen in a heritage home by a local hunter and gatherer.

In reality what is going on is that the restaurant features a Fresh from BC Prix Fixe Dinner focused on in-season ingredients sourced sustainably and close to home. Each month the menu changes. December is Venison and Apples from Sidney Island. Sigh, I just love knowing where my food comes from, don't you?

Image from http://www.fourseasons.com/vancouver/dining/

1 comment:

  1. Just don't order the sundae. It weighs literally more than you do with about 10 scoops of ice cream and all the fixin's. No joke.

    ReplyDelete