06 September 2010

the fair

I made it to the IPE again this year. There were significantly less vegetables to learn how to grow but the array of animals was impressive and the rodeo events were surprisingly entertaining. I stupidly wore sandals (last year I was clever enough to remember boots) but I managed to get minimal poo on my feet.

We stayed in Armstrong for two nights and spent one night in Penticton on the way home. All three nights we slept in the van and it was fabulous. Connor's grandpa gave us corn, potatoes and carrots from the farm. Connor's dad gave us hot peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and fresh beans from the garden. On the drive back to Vancouver, we stopped at some fruit stands and we are currently working our way through an abundance of peaches, apples, pickled green beans and cauliflower.

God, I love September.



















My photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment