22 May 2010

shows

Good news! My internet plea was heard by the music gods who clearly spend too much time lurking online and The Black Keys WILL be playing a show in Vancouver. Tickets are available already but the show isn't until October 3rd... I may have to suck it up and commit to something SIX MONTHS in advance. You can buy tickets here.

THE BLACK KEYS with NICOLE ATKINS

THE ORPHEUM (SMITHE @ SEYMOUR) in VANCOUVER BC

8PM SUNDAY 3 OCTOBER 2010


In other show-related news, it's time for Vanier Park's Shakespeare Festival, Bard on the Beach, again. It's almost cheap, it's fun and you can impress your date with your love of the arts. I went to my first Bard on the Beach show in grade twelve. It was Midsummer's Night Dream and Puck sat on my lap. I liked the attention and have been chasing that interactive theatre high ever since. Well, not really but I do enjoy the Bard shows annually. It's too bad you all missed Titus Andronicus two years ago (violent, gory and fabulous) but here's what's up for this summer:

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING
ANTHONY AND CLEOPATRA
FALSTAFF (HENRY IV, PARTS I &II)
HENRY V

I can't decide between the comedy (Much Ado) or the war/love drama (Cleopatra). Comedies are usually the easiest to understand and digest if you aren't one with Shakespearian English but Cleo is the orginal uberbabe. Feel free to influence me.

If you want/need more information, click here. Tickets are available on their website. No ticketmaster fees.

Photos from Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment